Saturday, April 4, 2009

What to do, What to do...

I am always torn between making unique, one of a kind pieces and making pieces that are repeatable in different sizes. In my etsy shop I have several one of a kinds, I also have a listing that features my Ella dress in Alexander Henry's "All Cotton" In my humble opinion, it is a breathtaking dress - I've sold 3 this week, so I think I'm spot on! However, now I'm out of that fabric (not to worry - there's more coming, and in pink too!) Yet, the one of a kinds sit - not because they're not cute, but because they're only available in one size.... but, how do I know if something will sell or sit? How do I figure THAT into my pricing - I can't buy a bolt of every fabric - sometimes I'm wrong, and the fabric is not so cute when I sew it up ;) What to do?

Okay - rant over! I feel better - do you !?!

No comments: